Spring has sprung! Posted on 30 Apr 10:30
Well, it’s official.
Spring has sprung!
It’s the start of a new season so what does that mean for my makeup?
10 simple spring makeup tips and trends
- Spring makeup means simple and clean with hints of color. Instead of heavier purples and precious metals, reach for more neutral shades.
- While purples and plums dominate the winter months, have fun with feminine and flirty lilac shadow applied on the lower lid and into the crease.
- Try a baby-soft rosy pink cheek blush with a pop of shimmer on top for a healthy, youthful glow.
- Make the most of the changing light. Apply a light dusting of a natural brown bronzer where the sun hits the face on the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and on your forehead and chin.
- Spring eyes are usually light, and we see a lot of neutral shadows with sparkle like copper, gold or champagne.
- Add a touch of extra shine to the inner corners of your eyes with a shimmery white cream or powder to make them POP!
- Lip colors either lighten up for daytime in spring, with lots of glossy pink and salmon, or they go bright with berries to balance lighter eyes and cheeks.
- Have fun with something bright and warm on your nails like fuchsia, magenta or bubble gum pink!
- Brown eye shadow never goes out of style as it provides a softer overall look, especially along the lower lash line.
- Try a colorful smoky eye using springy blues or greens. Pale-skinned beauties might go sheer, while tanned lovelies can go deeper.